Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > XP Hardware
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

IDE Hard drive to Sata Hard drive copy

XP Hardware

Old 15-03-2008

IDE Hard drive to Sata Hard drive copy

I have an old IDE Hard drive having windows and all my other stuffs, i want to copy all the data from it in to my new Sata Hard drive. I want to know if there is any software that can help me in copying the entire OS in to the new drive rather than installing OS all again in the new drive??? I don't know if that's possible or not but if it is than i will like to know how.

Old 15-03-2008

Re: IDE Hard drive to Sata Hard drive copy

Which brand Sata Hard drive you have bought??? Latest sata drives from Maxtor and Western Digital comes up with a CD that has drive copy utility. I am not very sure but i guess those copy utility allows a user to migrate an OS from one drive to another.
Old 15-03-2008

Migrating an OS from one drive to another is just not possible. You will have to make clean installation of the OS in your new Sata Hard drive. There us no such software that will allow you to move the complete operating system in to a new drive.
Better make clean installation of the operating system you might be using on your new drive and later transfer the back up of your personal data from old drive in to you new drive.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > XP Hardware
Tags: , ,