Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > XP Hardware
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Cannot read DVD on DVD-ROM drive

XP Hardware

Old 06-03-2008

Cannot read DVD on DVD-ROM drive

My laptop with QSICDRW/DVD-ROM drive can read CD but not DVD. Actually it recognizes dvd and comes up with a drive for it as well, but when i open it i don't see any content, even though there are many files and folders in it. What might be wrong? any idea? I have tried using PowerDVD-XP Cyberlink software for reading the DVD but i cant view any content, it appears blank there as well, Hope some one over here will help me out.

Old 06-03-2008

Was your optical drive reading dvd's before??? Have you tried updating your optical drive driver to the latest??? If it was working before than some recent changes might have messed it up. First you can try updating its driver, if that doesn't help than you can perform a system restore, just make sure that you are performing system restore to a point when you were not having any issue as such.

If at all none of the solution works out for you then there might be something wrong with your DVD-ROM drive and you will have to get it checked or repaired. I don't think there might be any other solution that you will be able to try from your end.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > XP Hardware
Tags: