Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > XP Hardware
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

CPU temperature and Motherboard temperature

XP Hardware

Old 03-03-2008

CPU temperature and Motherboard temperature

When I checked the CPU temperature then it reads 10 degrees higher than the motherboard. I have put in a new power supply and then temperature of the motherboard will go from 38C to 48C and then remain on it. Also, the motherboard temperature is equal to the CPU temperature sometimes and it would also go as high as 58C sometimes. So does this means that I have to get a new heat sink? I have got Pentium 4 3ghz and Asus motherboard. Any suggestions would be welcome.

Old 03-03-2008

Re: CPU temperature and Motherboard temperature

I think that if you have a Pentium 4 machine then it is fine to have such temperature. You should know that the CPU will run a little hotter than the motherboard if compared.
Old 04-03-2008

Re: CPU temperature and Motherboard temperature

This problem has nothing to do with the operating system but the dust inside the cabinet or even the weared off thermal paste on the CPU which is making its temp go higher. You can try to get the Stock Intel Socket 478 cooler that can fit in any Pentium 4 processor.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > XP Hardware
Tags: , ,