Thread: USB Flash Drive/Card Reader not in "Safely Remove Hardware" list

USB Flash Drive/Card Reader not in "Safely Remove Hardware" list

I am having a Windows XP Pro computer. I had purchased a card reader. There is some weird problem with it. I cannot find the card reader in Safely Remove list. The one that appears in the bottom right when you can eject the card. When I click on that the card reader is not present in it. I have to shutdown my computer to remove the card. It is a bit weird issue. The card reader works very well but somehow it is not able to get ejected on its own. I can also find it in the device manager.

There can be some issue with Windows. For every removable media the eject option is available. You just need to click on the small green icon in system tray and then you can eject it. If that is not available then there is one more option you can try. Just go in My Computer where the card is detected. Right click on it and choose eject. Try to run system restore if the issue still persist.

It is a OS bug. I do not think system restore can really help. You can try it. When I got the issue I have to at the end format my system and install all from scratch. Later on the issue was solved. After fresh installation a number of problem was solved and things went fine.