Thread: Uninstall Microsoft Bluetooth Stack on Windows XP

Uninstall Microsoft Bluetooth Stack on Windows XP

I want to get rid of Microsoft Bluetooth Stack. I cannot understand why this is added in my system. I want to use BlueSoleil. And if I install this then it will conflict with Microsoft Bluetooth Stack. I am using bluetooth to get some files from my phone. The one that is available by default cause connectivity drop in between. Compared to that Bluesoleil is much better. How can I put it in place of Bluetooth Stack. Thanks.

re: Uninstall Microsoft Bluetooth Stack on Windows XP

You can remove that from Control Panel. Just open it and look for Add/Remove program. From there you can unintsall it. Do not forget to reboot your system system after removing it. Then install Bluesoliel. I am also using the same and it works properly. You can try to update your bluetooth drivers. I think due to that the connectivity is failing in between.

I think you use Bluesoleil directly over the existing one. It is not going to create any issue. I have a laptop where both are installed. Just at the time of usage you need to choose the right stack and your job is done. Connectivity drops due to many reasons. There can be obstacles or low range. The best way to get a stable transfer rate is through a usb bluetooth adapter. It works better. I a using on my desktop with Bluesoleil.

Update the device driver. There is no need to add any third party drivers. The connection failure is common issue. It appears when your device is dying slowly. There is nothing you can do. The only thing that you can try is removing it and then installing it manually in Device Manager. Just right click on the bluetooth device and choose uninstall and then restart your computer. Add latest drivers and done.

I will advice you to use a single one at a time. If you install multiple then there will be conflict. I had gone through that experience and you are right on it. I had added BlueSoleil over the existing stack and the bluetooth fails to connect. Luckily system restore helped here to fix the issue. A number of time pc suite software also adds a bluetooth tool inside the system. And that too create issue working with any third party bluetooth manager.

Same problem with Sager notebook - This is really big deal

I have Windows Vista 64 bit, and the same problem. The Microsoft Update site updated my software stack to the Microsoft version and uninstalled the software that came with my laptop. The Microsoft software DOES NOT WORK CORRECTLY AT ALL with the notebook Bluetooth device. I have no idea why Microsoft did this. With the Microsoft stack enabled I am unable to connect any devices. My bluetooth device appears disabled, and when I try to enable it the operation fails. The Windows XP article you quoted states that the problem only occurs when the 3rd party software is not installed. That is NOT true. I am going to block the Microsoft update that restores the Microsoft stack and I am going to call MSDN support next week and yell about this at whoever answers the phone. Microsoft Update simply should NOT be replacing Bluetooth or other hardware drivers when there is already a 3rd party driver enabled - especially when the driver only supports certain chip sets and they have no way of knowing what chipsets are built in to the receivers computer.

Fixes suggested here still don't work.

So I renamed the inf file and reinstalled the Bluesoleil software and then I restarted the computer. It's still looking for the Microsoft driver. How do I get rid of it?