Thread: HP dx2250 disable onboard video and install nVIDIA GeForce 6200 256MBDDR PCI Dual VGA

HP dx2250 disable onboard video and install nVIDIA GeForce 6200 256MBDDR PCI Dual VGA

I have got a HP Compaq dx2250 computer and I want to install Nvidia GeForce 6200 256MB DDR PCI Dual video card in it. I am running Windows XP on this desktop computer. So, I shut down my computer and installed the new graphics card. After when Windows boots up then I put the driver cd and installed the drivers for this card. After that I uninstalled the Ati onboard video card by going in the add/remove programs and then disabled it in the Device Manager. I then restarted my system and then went into BIOS to change the settings to boot first from PCI, which was first set to PCIEx and the other option is OnBoard VGA. After that I saved the settings and then restarted normally, but I found out that the signal from the onboard VGA is all white. So I moved the VGA connection to the new card and neither port is working now. Can anyone help me in this problem? Thanks

I think that before you boot the computer you will need to move the VGA connection to the new card. The reason I am telling you is because if you boot with 2 monitors hooked to the Nvidia card then it will not produce any video output from either port.

Re: HP dx2250 disable onboard video and install nVIDIA GeForce 6200 256MB DDR PCI Dual VGA

You should reset the motherboard BIOS to factory default first, for same, there might be a reset button or pin header next to the CMOS battery and then retry. You should first test like what settings will work on your motherboard in respect of the video output before you boot into Windows. Incase you are not able to see any POST messages then there is no point booting further. Also, if your board has onboard RAID and you use this controller then you might invalidate your RAID setting by resetting the BIOS depending on the motherboard. But as per you have mentioned, no signal on either onboard or external port will be there.

Re: HP dx2250 disable onboard video and install nVIDIA GeForce 6200 256MBDDR PCI Dual VGA

Even I am facing a similar kind of issues with the same model. Actually, the onboard video on this unit is bad and will not work at all. And therefore I had an external video card installed on it and I accidentally switched it over to onboard video in the CMOS and now I can only see black screen. So can anyone tell me how do I set it to see the video card?

Re: HP dx2250 disable onboard video and install nVIDIA GeForce 6200 256MBDDR PCI Dual VGA

I think that you will be able to run a different graphics card with the onboard disabled on enabled, it usually doesnt matters at all. All you need to do is, just plug your monitor in the seperate graphics card and it should be able to pick it up and will thus work for you.

I have also got a HP dx2250 Microtower and am also facing this similar issues. I was thinking that the monitor would have died but that was not the case really. I then found out that the onboard video died, so I picked up a pci card but after installing it the monitor is still not able to get a signal, what should I do next?