Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > XP Hardware
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Event ID 51 - An error was detected on device \Device\Harddisk1\D during a paging operation.

XP Hardware

Old 03-01-2008

Event ID 51 - An error was detected on device \Device\Harddisk1\D during a paging operation.

I recently bought a new Sony DSC-W80 digital camera and I am having some problem while copying the files to my computer by connecting it to the USB port. On 2 different pc, it is working properly. I am getting the copious error events in the event log on the problematic computer. Also, the transfer rate is very slow and when there is a big video file on the camera then the transfer will fail caliming the IO error. Can anyone please help me out with this issue?

Old 03-01-2008

Did you try to connect a cheap USB2 PCI card in the desktop computer that you have? You can find the same with a Nec chip on it, that you can view in this image - http://images10.newegg.com/NeweggIma...166-002-09.jpg. It will take less time for you, than trying to fix what you have got exactly.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > XP Hardware
Tags: , , , ,