Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > XP Hardware
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

HP a1010y Sound Card problem "Can't find Match HDAudio Inf File" when installing sound card driver.

XP Hardware

Old 31-12-2007

HP a1010y Sound Card problem "Can't find Match HDAudio Inf File" when installing sound card driver.

I have got a HP Pavilion a1010y desktop computer and am trying to figure out how to install the Realtek Audio sound card drivers for same. I have downloaded the drivers from the HP website and whenever I am trying to install the driver then it will give me some error message that says "Can't find Match Realtek HDAudio Inf File ! Realtek HD Audio driver Setup Failure". Can anyone tell me how do I install the audio drivers on this system?

Old 31-12-2007

RE: HP a1010y Sound Card problem "Can't find Match HDAudio Inf File" w

Realtek drivers are simply a waste because they refuse to get the software or drivers signed through microsoft WHQL. But in any case, your best bet would be to go to Realtek home page and then locate the latest drivers available and the download and install it in your computer.
Old 29-04-2008

I think that it is not a driver problem but an windows update issue. The original realtek site from where you can download the driver is here - http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/. After downloading the driver you need to double click on the high defination audio codecs and then a dialog will appear, just choose where you want to save it to, and then the download will create a folder. Open the downloaded folder and then you will see that it contains many entries, just search for the setup executable which might be setup.exe file and double click on it. After that the setup of the software will begin, just agree to the licenses and then once the installation is done, close all the windows and restart the pc. After the restart, everything will be working fine.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > XP Hardware