Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > XP Hardware
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

WINMM WDM AUDIO COMPATIBILITY DRIVER

XP Hardware

Old 18-12-2007

Winmm Wdm Audio Compatibility Driver

I was trying to make clean installation of the audio driver in my system. However, after uninstalling the drive and installing the new one, when i rebooted my system i got an message saying "cannot not find wdmaud.sys " pointing this path c:/windows\driver cache\i386. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the WINMM WDM audio compatibility driver quite a few time but i keep getting the same error message after a reboot. What should i do to fix this error???

Old 18-12-2007

Re: WINMM WDM AUDIO COMPATIBILITY DRIVER

I will suggest you to download and install new audio driver software package from manufacturer sit rather than the Microsoft. Follow the same steps that you have followed for now. I mean uninstall, reboot, install and reboot. If you face any issue afterwards than you can feel free to ask.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > XP Hardware
Tags: , ,