Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > XP Hardware
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

XP Can't See Hard Disk

XP Hardware

Old 08-12-2007

XP Can't See Hard Disk

I have been trying to make my system running windows vista dual boot with windows XP. However, when i am trying to install windows xo on a IDE drive attached to IDE Controller card but for some unknown reason windows xp installation process is not seeing SATA drive. I have gone through BIOS and and IDE drive is getting recognized there,i can see it by booting in to vista as well, don't know why windows xp installation process is failing to detect it.

Old 08-12-2007

Re: XP Can't See Hard Disk

Hey Sulolab you will have to load Windows XP driver for the IDE controller card during the Windows setup. During the installation once you see prompt in the status line at the bottom of the screen, simply press F6 and follow some simple instructions for installing the Windows XP driver for the IDE controller card. You will first have to load the driver in floppy, so that you can insert it and install the load the driver form it after pressing F6. Hope things are clear to you, in case you have any doubt you can feel free to ask.
Old 08-12-2007

Thanks a lot andy, i was running in to same issue and i did as suggested and now i have installed windows xp without any further issues. I wasn't aware that xp doesn't support vista driver for the IDE controller card.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > XP Hardware
Tags: , , , ,