Thread: adjust bass/treble with volume control

adjust bass/treble with volume control

I want to adjust the bass/treble with volume control but cannot do it? When I go into Volume Control and then click on Advanced, the bass/treble controls seems to be grayed out? I think that it could be due to the sound driver which is Soundmax Integrated Digital HD Audio that cam with the Lenovo Thinkpad T61 that I am having. Can anyone tell me how do I adjust the bass/treble on this computer? Thank you.

Re: adjust bass/treble with volume control

I dont think that you will be able to adjust the bass/treble because the sound drivers that you have with you, do not support it and therefore you will need to try an updated driver. So go to the manufacturers website and download the laetst audio driver available for your laptop. Hopefully, that will do the trick.

Incase if that is also not working for you then you will have to use the tone controls in Windows Media Player or whatever audio playback application you might be using and then it will work properly.

The issue is that I want to adjust the bass/treble at the time when I am listening to some music through the browser plugin without using the EQ controls. I think that there is not a single way to do this because the sound card and drivers doesnt support it. This is totally absurd and a waste of time.

Actually, if you get to know what kind of audio chip that you have then it might be possible to get a different driver from the manufacturer, there might be a chance that it will work, but in the end you never know whats gonna happen.

I have got an Asus board and back when I was playing with Sounddmax, there was somebody who found a compatible driver on the Dell site and it worked fine, even though it was not from asus. But, as said, you will have to find the hardware chip on your board so that you can get a proper driver for same.