Thread: Needing to get HDD temp readings from drive in an Intel Matrix Storage Manager array

Needing to get HDD temp readings from drive in an Intel Matrix Storage Manager array

The drive that has SMART support offers driver status through third party software. I checked my drive specification and it came with SMART feature. I am using a third party tool to monitor my drive temperature. There is a storage manager software which is capable of notifying issue with drive. When I run that I cannot find any information on the same. The tool fails to give me values.

Go in bios and see that SMART is enabled or not. When you boot your system it shows at the screen whether SMART is disabled or enabled. If that is enabled then only any software can pull information. Or else it is useless. It works fine and any third party tool that is capable of reading information from SMART works well. There are different settings for raid stuff.

Re: Needing to get HDD temp readings from drive in an Intel Matrix Storage Manager array

Hi

I can see it have been some time since the last post in this threat, so i don't know if this has any relevance to you at this point, but i thought I would post it anyway. I found this threat through Google, when I was looking for a solution for the same problem, so maybe this post can help others as well.

After trying a lot of different tools, including Speedfan, Intel Matrix Storage Manger, Intel Rapid Storage Manger, Everest Ultimate etc., I was surprised to find, that the tool doing the trick was the small AIDA64 application. I've attached a scrrenshot for verification.

AIDA64 unfortunately isn’t free, and the free AIDA32 did not work for me. However, if you have a serious need for monitoring your HDDs, the 40 dollars for a license shouldn’t be anything to worry about.

You can get the latest version of AIDA64 here:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails aida64-raid-temp-png  

Re: Needing to get HDD temp readings from drive in an Intel Matrix Storage Manager array

Apart from what "Fristen" has said, the only means to monitor HD temps, or any other temps that are not already designed into your motherboard for monitoring is to obtain a "trick" case with those facilities. The only cases I'm aware of are the high-end Antec: P-160, P-180. With these cases you have available several temp probes that you can place anywhere you want and continuously monitor whatever you need.