Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > XP Hardware
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Wireless Entertainment Desktop 8000 - new Bluetooth Transceiver

XP Hardware

Old 28-11-2007

Wireless Entertainment Desktop 8000 - new Bluetooth Transceiver

I have bought the Microsoft Wireless Entertainment Desktop 8000 and mouse and have couple of question regarding about it. The Transceiver v3.0 for bluetooth model 1063 seems to have broken and I want to replace it but I am unable to find it anywhere that stocks this, so can anyone suggest me some alternative for it that I can get from anywhere? Also, can anyone tell me how the bluetooth works from intial computer boot, since you cant go into the system setup, etc, as the keyboard will not work until the bluetooth starts when the operating system is loaded? Thanks for any help.

Old 29-11-2007

You can choose from a variety of different Bluetooth stacks from Toshiba, Broadcom, etc. The Wireless Entertainment Desktop 8000 seems to be a Bluetooth 2.0 device and so you can find different Bluetooth transceivers listed from the below link:
http://www.bluetooth.com/Bluetooth/C...rst_Device.htm

Secondly, there are something called Profiles that are used to talk to Bluetooth devices. So, human interface device (HID) is the one used for mouse and keyboard. You might be able to go through the pairing procedures with the Microsoft devices and a third party bluetooth transceiver as well.
Old 02-02-2009

Have you found the replacement transceiver because I am also having the same issues. I have found out that the transceiver gets damaged very easily. The mouse that I am using is of no use anymore. Can anyone tell me how do I get the Transceiver v3.0 for Bluetooth? Thanks for any information in advance.
Old 29-05-2011

The transceiver is currently on sale on eBay US. Hurry, they'll go fast (I bought three)

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > XP Hardware