Thread: Windows XP Drivers for HP Pavilion A1510Y laptop

Windows XP Drivers for HP Pavilion A1510Y laptop

I have a HP Pavilion A1510Y computer. It came with Windows Vista. The system also has a gpu in it. Now there are some old applications which does not work on Vista. I want to downgrade the same to Windows XP. I went to the official website and tried to find the drivers. There are only Vista drivers available. I want to ask that does Vista drivers will work on XP. Or is there any other way by which I can install XP on it. I am thinking of dual booting the system.

No it is not possible to use Windows XP drivers on Windows Vista. You cannot downgrade the system by using old drivers. All you can do is dual boot the system and run Windows Update. Update will try to find some drivers which might work but ample of things will not respond. The most important is the lan adapter. If lan does not work you cannot connect to internet nor you can share files. While for audio video this things can be ignored. You can dual boot your system. On XP you can use the required applications.

There is on way that you can try. You can check the product documentation. There you can find the manufacturer of chips used. Like realtek for audio, marvel for lan, etc. You can visit the chip controllers official website and try to find a older driver. If it is available then you would be able to run the system on XP or else there is no option. You can also try installing your application on Vista using XP compatibility mode.

re: Windows XP Drivers for HP Pavilion A1510Y laptop

i believe i have about the same computer as you i would know how to show my specs fully im just wondering how you got ur sound going and a where u might have gotten ur motherboard driver, i got my video card driver working just got no sound or motherboard working with the dvd drive wont read discs or anything.