Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > XP Hardware
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

USB Virtual Printer Port Problems

XP Hardware

Old 14-10-2007

USB Virtual Printer Port Problems

I want to know a way to force delete a printer port. I am right now having 3 virtual printer ports for usb and a printer that is not working. The first time when I hooked it up then the printer will take 10-15 minutes to print. Now I have 3 of them and I dont know how long it will take more in the near future to print. I have already tried uninstalling and reinstalling the printer that is having the problem and restarted the pc many times to see if the ports go away but it will not. I have got a Canon BJC-250 and am running Windows XP with Service Pack 2 on my computer, any ideas?

Old 14-10-2007

I think that the Canon BJC-250 is an LPT printer and it is about 12 years old. Can you tell us how do you connect it to your computer, that is, with parallel or with a usb to parallel adapter? I would recommend you to buy a new printer with USB support which would be much of a use now a days.
Old 05-10-2009

I was also facing similar problems but now I have solved it easily. I am running Windows XP using a parallel to usb adapter for my Canon BJC 250 printer and I manually added the printer on virtual port USB001 and then plugged the printer and then set properties to prin directly to printer and not spooled printing and that worked for me. This would be helpful to anyone who is having similar problems.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > XP Hardware