Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > XP Hardware
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Microsoft HID Non-User Input Data Filter

XP Hardware

Old 02-10-2007

Microsoft HID Non-User Input Data Filter

Hi, I have a Microsoft wireless desktop, keyboard and mouse. Due to some reason it screensaver stopped working. Though all settings are correct Screen saver wont start at all. I tried to find out some solution on web and found many people saying that the issue can be fixed with an update called ?Microsoft HID Non-User Input Data Filter.? They said this update will appear under optional hardware update.

Well I tried searching for the same in Windows Update as well as Microsoft Update site but I dint found any thing under Option Hardware Updates. Can anyone please tell me where can I get this for download?

Thank you.

Old 02-10-2007

Re: Microsoft HID Non-User Input Data Filter

First of all your post is not enough detailed to provide your proper solution because neither you haven?t mentioned which OS you are using nor the connection method (USB or PS/2). Always provide complete details so that we (newsgroup) can help you better. Anyways, in order to get the above mentioned update you must be running either XP or Vista and connection method should be USB.
Old 03-10-2007

Sorry for the incomplete details Miltongomes. Yes, I?m using Windows XP Professional and my wireless desktop is connected via USB2 port. But still am not getting ?Microsoft HID Non-User Input Data Filter? update. Does that means it is already installed on my system?
Old 03-10-2007

Hey Saathii, just try out these steps:

Open Device manager, go to Human Interface devices, Update Drivers. If it downloaded and got installed that means you get the HID Non-User Input Filter on your system.

Now restart the computer and see if the screensavers starts.
Old 26-08-2008

Mouse works again! Thank you for this!

I did this and it works great! Thank you!

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > XP Hardware
Tags: , , , ,