Thread: This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use. (Code 12)

This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use. (Code 12)

Ok, I built a new computer last week, using a Gigabyte GA-MA69G-S3H motherboard with a Realtek ALC889A HD Audio integrated sound card, and running Win XP. To my great dismay I found out that there is simply no bass. Or, I guess it is there, but it is so thin that it's just laughable. So I decided to put in my old Creative Soundblaster card. But after trying to install the card, I get the message "This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use. (Code 12)". What can I do?

Re: This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use.(Code 12)

Restart the system, Enter BIOS while bootup and check whether onboard sound card is disabled in bios.

No, I just disabled it in Windows. Didn't think of disabling it in BIOS. Will try that.

Re: This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use.

I have been through this error before and after doing lots of researches finally managed to fix it. What you need to do is, open Device Manager, go to System Devices and search for ‘œ3GIO Filter Driver’. Once you find it, right click the same and simply uninstall it. Don’t forget to select the checkbox for ‘Delete the driver from your system’ to delete it completely from the computer. Once done, restart the computer, system will automatically find the correct drivers required. If it wont find it in first restart, reboot 3 to 4 times, it will surely get it and the problem will be solved.