Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > XP Hardware
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Audio Recording Control Issue In Realtek High Definition Audio

XP Hardware

Old 22-08-2007

Audio Recording Control Issue In Realtek High Definition Audio

I made a new computer (Self assembled) and installed Windows XP Professional. This is running with Asus M2N8-VMX Motherboard. System is running fine, even device manager shows all drivers are properly installed including chipset, audio, video, lan etc. Now the problem am facing is with Audio. Though volume levels of Master volume, SW synth, Line volume, CD Volume, Mic Volume are proper, I can only see the following under other levels: Recording, CD Volume, Line Volume, Mic Volume, Stereo Mix and only Recording volume level is active.

And due this no audio/video editing software is working fine. I tried many such softwares and the last one is Avid Express Pro that is not working. I get the same error with all editing softwares saying “Can not open Sound Mixer.” I installed Audio drivers again but still the problem exists.

Can someone please help me out with this?

Old 23-08-2007

Re: Audio Recording Control Issue In Realtek High Definition Audio

I have been with similar problem in past with my computer. Not exactly like yours but I too was not able to use any such application that anyhow uses the sound input. I later contacted Realtek because sound chip and Windows driver belongs to them. They given me some drivers and that fixed the problem. Give it a try.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > XP Hardware
Tags: , , , ,