Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > XP Hardware
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

System freezes after re-intsalling Windows XP

XP Hardware

Old 04-08-2007

System freezes after re-intsalling Windows XP

I had formatted my computer and the installed Windows XP home edition on it. It was working well and there was no issue with the setup. After fresh setup I had installed all the drivers. I downloaded that from the official website. Everything was going well. But suddenly the system crashed by giving a bluescreen. I do not understand what caused the crash in new system.

Old 06-08-2007

There can be bad sectors in your hard drive. Run chkdsk and then see whether you find any errors in your system or not. I am sure there is a problem with the storage. Bluescreen is a serious error which is caused due to hardware failure or due to some serious driver bug. It can also appear due to incompatible drivers. You can boot your system in safe mode and then go in Event Viewer. There you will be able to find right information on the error.
Old 15-08-2007

The issue lies with hardware compatibility. You must ensure that your system has drivers which are compatible with XP. Also there can be some internal bugs that is causing the crash. I had faced this issue with a gpu. I had bought a graphic card and then added that on my system. Later on it crashed due to improper hardware drivers.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > XP Hardware
Tags: ,