Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > XP Hardware
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Monitor not in device manager, vertical lines on display

XP Hardware

Old 31-07-2007

Monitor not in device manager, vertical lines on display

I have got an HP Pavilion laptop that has Windows XP with Service Pack 2 preinstalled and I also have a Nvidia GeForce4 440 64mb integrated graphics. After coming out of screensaver mode the problem started. The desktop icons were not looking proper and if I clicked one of them then the screen started blinking. So, I turned off my computer and when I restarted again then the LCD screen was showing a vertical line accross the monitor and then after reaching the desktop, the pc crashed. I also enabled VGA mode but still the computer crashed. Now I am only able to boot in safe mode but still I can see the vertical lines on the screen. So, I uninstalled and reinstalled the display drivers but to no avail. There was no monitor listed in device manager as well. Any solution for this problem?

Old 31-07-2007

Re: Monitor not in device manager, vertical lines on display

Since you are on a laptop so you should try to backup all the data from your computer and then send the machine back to HP for repair, as there is very little troubleshooting that can be done on a laptop.
Old 31-07-2007

Re: Monitor not in device manager, vertical lines on display

Thanks for the reply, but this laptop is out of warranty now. I am now searching for a motherboard on ebay. And I found out a non-working motherboard which is up for auction with the same issue on ebay. It was also taken out from a laptop which had vertical lines on the screen and a working motherboard was listed a few days ago.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > XP Hardware
Tags: , , , , ,