Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > XP Hardware
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Error on \Device\CdRom0 during paging operation ???

XP Hardware

Old 10-07-2007

Error on \Device\CdRom0 during paging operation ???

This same problem occurs in Windows XP as well that I have seen, so someone might be able to answer for this issue. I have a customer who's Sbs 2003 server is having problems with CDRom that has a bad block and also some error on CDRom at the time of paging operation. So, I told him to replace the NEC DVD+/-RW by a NEW Pioneer DVD+/-RW and whenever reading CDs it causes too many 'Errors during paging operation'. Windows EXplorer also slows down and sometimes it will not respond at all. So, I removed the Nero software and then updated the device driver and then uninstalled the device again so that it can be redetected and driver would be reinstalled again, but worked for me. Can anyone help me out.

Old 10-07-2007

Re: Error on \Device\CdRom0 during paging operation ???

The problem seems to be with the CD/DVD drive that you have, depending on a number of various things. You can try to troubleshoot to check the physical connection between the drive and the motherboard is proper or not, and also check whether the ide cable is not having some problem or not. Try to update the firmware of the dvd drive as well. Also check to update the motherboard bios as well.
Old 27-02-2011

Re: Error on \Device\CdRom0 during paging operation ???

try unhook cable re hook cable or changing cable

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > XP Hardware
Tags: , ,