Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > XP Hardware
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Windows XP ask for Ethernet Controller software after clean installation

XP Hardware

Old 08-06-2007

Windows XP ask for Ethernet Controller software after clean installation

I had re-installed Windows XP on my system. There are many virus due to which the system was working very slow. I had re-installed XP and the drivers also. Upon reboot it ask for a ethernet controller software and my lan is not working. I need some help here. Everytime there is a new hardware found and it is not getting installed. I am not able to access the internet also due to this. So there are few chances of getting something from web. Thanks.

Old 09-06-2007

It looks you lost some ethernet utility that comes with the driver inside it. That is why XP ask for the same. Now there is only one way to fix this. Check your motherboard model and download fresh drivers from the official site. You can use some other computer for that. This is just a driver issue.
Old 10-06-2007

Always keep a backup of drivers. This are common issue which many people faces after installing. The drivers are the most complicated thing to find for old computers and due t which one of the internal hardware failed. And as in your system the ethernet controllers fails you cannot even run Windows Update. You will need to locate some other working computer and find proper downloads for the same.
Old 24-06-2008

As you had already formatted there is no way to go back. Better check your motherboard model and search that on web. Then download fresh drivers. With that setup things will go fine. You can try one more thing. Go in Device Manager and then right click on unknown devices or that trouble ethernet software. Choose uninstall and then restart your computer. XP will attempt to re-install it. If there is any internal driver available then it will work or else there is no way to do the this.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > XP Hardware
Tags: , , ,