Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > XP Hardware
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

'Found New Hardware MTP Device' Installation hangs

XP Hardware

Old 08-06-2007

'Found New Hardware MTP Device' Installation hangs

I am trying to add an external hard drive via USB but the Found New Hardware Balloon seems to get stuck with MTP Device. Even after I click on the cancel icon, it keeps on appearing again and again. I want to know if there is anything i can try out to get rid of that pop up???

Old 15-06-2007

Fixing the continual MTP pop up balloon

I have gone through the same issue, i wasn't able to disable the balloon using taskbar the only thing that helped me out was reinstalling Windows Media Player. I don't know how this issue is related to windows media player but simply uninstalling it from Add/Remove Windows Components and reinstalling it had helped me out.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > XP Hardware
Tags: , ,