Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > XP Hardware
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Mouse problem - Optical mouse with PS/ 2 connector won't work properly

XP Hardware

Old 02-06-2007

Mouse problem - Optical mouse with PS/ 2 connector won't work properly

Something's wrong going on with my PS/ 2 connector of my system. My moused to stop working in between and i had to unplug it and plug it again for getting it working. I though that there was something wrong with the mouse so i bought one new mouse with PS/ 2 connector. It worked well for a week and same thing started, event the new one used to stop working and i had to unplug and plug it again to get it working. Later i tested out my friends mouse and got the same result.
These things make me feel that there is something wrong with PS/ 2 connector of my system but i am not sure about it as it works if i connect a mouse to it.

Old 02-06-2007

re: Mouse problem - Optical mouse with PS/ 2 connector won't work properly

Seems like PS/ 2 connector of your system has got lose or something like that. Rather than trying PS/ 2 connector mouse why don't you get one usb one and get rid of this issue. If your board is not having usb port than you can get usb to PS/ 2 connector converted.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > XP Hardware
Tags: , , , ,