Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > XP Hardware
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

"Cannot Install This Hardware" "Access is Denied"

XP Hardware

Old 24-05-2007

"Cannot Install This Hardware" "Access is Denied"

I?ve a desktop running with ATI Radeon X300 display adapter. Due to some reason I need to update the drivers for the same but I can?t. I even tried editing the registry entry that enables registry updates to be logged but no help. When I checked C:\WINDOWS \setupapi.log which I setup for logging says ?Error 5: Access is Denied.?

Is there any fix for the same?

Old 24-05-2007

Re: "Cannot Install This Hardware" "Access is Denied"

Were you able to change the registry which you were trying? Am asking this because I strongly suspect there would be security/anti-malware software that is prevent all these action and hence you getting the error.
Old 24-05-2007

Re: "Cannot Install This Hardware" "Access is Denied"

Thanks for your suggestion Janairo. I was not aware of this. Though earlier I tried disabling SpyBot (which obviously dint helped) but I forgot to disable my antivirus. Will do it in next few hours and let you know the results. Thanks again.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > XP Hardware
Tags: ,