Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > XP Hardware
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Win XP Professional dumping physical memory problem

XP Hardware

Old 16-05-2007

Win XP Professional dumping physical memory problem

I have connected a new WEB cam to my system but when i am trying to access it after connecting to internet i get an error message saying "Dumping physical Memory " with blue screen. I have to restart my system to get rid of the blue screen. Can this be an issue with the webcam, i have downloaded and installed latest driver for it from its official site. What might be wrong???

Old 16-05-2007

Re: Win XP Professional dumping physical memory problem

Since you have installed latest driver for your system, i don't think there might be anything wrong with the webcam in your case. There is something else that might be stopping webcam from functioning and resulting in to BSOD . Anyways can you just let me know the BSOD message that you are getting???? You can make a note of the error code and post it in your next reply so that i can have better idea of the issue you are going through. You can even go through and check out if there are any red-flagged error messages. If you see any than copy them and post them in your nest reply along with BSOD message for further help.
Old 27-10-2007

Bsod

I am getting BSOD with below message:

stop: 0x0000008E (0xc0000005, 0x806354df, 0xac2dc99c, 0x00000000)

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling webcam driver a couple of times but that's just not making any difference. My system is up to date with recommended windows update installed.
Old 27-10-2007

As far as i am aware "Dumping physical Memory " is related to ram, how many ram sticks are you having installed in your system??? If you have more than one than try starting your system with single stick and try accessing the webcam. If all your system boots up fine with all single ram sticks than you can try running Windows Memory diagnostic test.

You can refer below article for running the test:
Diagnosing memory problems on your computer
You can also try out the solution mentioned in the below article:
Resolving stop (blue screen) errors in Windows 7

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > XP Hardware
Tags: , , ,