Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > XP Hardware
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

windows cannot open file .icm

XP Hardware

Old 03-05-2007

windows cannot open file .icm

I have bought Acer AL1706 LCD monitor and the device manager shows the monitor as Plug and Play but when i am trying to update its driver i am getting an error message saying 'windows cannot open file .icm " I have download its latest version of driver from its official site. Am i missing anything?? am i not allowed to update its driver???

Old 03-05-2007

Cross check and make sure that you are following below steps
  • Right click your monitor listed in device manager > click on "Update" > Double click on the monitor listed > click on the "Driver tab" and click on the "Update Driver button"
  • After that select "No, not this time" and select "Install from a list or specific location ( Advanced )"
  • In the Next windows select "Don't search, I will choose the driver to install" and click on "Have disk" button.
  • Now Click on "Browse" button, check out the "Look In" dropdown box and point it to the extracted files, select .inf file, click on "Open" button and click on OK and you are done.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > XP Hardware
Tags: