Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > XP Hardware
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

USB drive not detected

XP Hardware

Old 05-04-2007

USB drive not detected

I was having a working USB flash drive which is now not detecting on a single computer that I have. Actually, the same computer is not able to detect any kind of usb dlash drivers but the ports work normally for printing and all. I havent installed any new softwares and the flash drives are all working on other computers. I have also turned off antivirus and antispyware software on my machine but still the usb drivers cannot be detected? Any help would be appreciated.

Old 06-04-2007

Re: USB drive not detected

I think that you will need to refresh the usb stack, you will have to go to website called usbman and I am sure that you will get a section over there to troubleshoot the usb, and thus your problem will be fixed or else even if it is not, you will be able to get enough information to rectify the problem on your own.
Old 18-04-2007

It could be possible that if you reconnect a removable storage device to a computer that is running Windows XP, the operating system cannot find the removable storage device. A supported hotfix is available from Microsoft. Apply this hotfix only to systems that are experiencing this specific problem from here - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/961187
Old 14-06-2008

Most of the time it use to be the enclosure which is faulty and you get all these problems. So first make the Enclosure is good. if not you may need to change it.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > XP Hardware