Thread: Problems with Windows XP installation on Acer Aspire 5730Z

Problems with Windows XP installation on Acer Aspire 5730Z

I have recently bought the Acer Aspire 5730Z laptop and the OS that was preinstalled in it was Linux Linpus and I dont want to use it. So I am trying to install Windows XP service pack 2 but when windows setup is finishing the loading of all the files then I will get blue screen error with error code 0x0000007B. I have tried many things like using NLite and creating a Windows installation CD with the missing drivers but nothing seems to be working. I have a Sata hard drive, if that matters to you. Thanks for any help.

Re: Problems with Windows XP installation on Acer Aspire 5730Z

Can you check in the BIOS and see if there are any options for the Southbridge disk interface operating mode? Normally, Intel chipsets offer IDE, AHCI, or RAID, so if you use IDE drive then default Microsoft driver will work and no other drivers will be needed. In any case, since you have mentioned that you have a Sata hard drive then you will need to download the appropriate drivers from the below link.

http://support.acer-euro.com/drivers/downloads.html

Even I was facing similar kind of issues and the solution that I used was, I went into BIOS and then disabled all the boot options except the normal boot and then I set the Sata mode to Ide. After doing all this things, Windows was able to install properly without any error code. So, if anyone is facing this problem, they can follow the same method that I have used and it will definitely work for you.