Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > XP Hardware
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

motherboard SATA to external hard drive eSATA

XP Hardware

Old 15-03-2007

motherboard SATA to external hard drive eSATA

I just a need a small advice from you all. I recently bought a Western Digital 500GB hard drive with an eSATA port. Whereas my ASUS motherboard has 2 on-board SATA connectors. So what I want to know is can I connect this WD drive directly to the on-board SATA pins using eSATA to SATA cable? Will it work fine and recognized as external drive?

Please give your suggestions? Thank you.

Old 15-03-2007

Re: motherboard SATA to external hard drive eSATA

Before I could reply anything I would like to know whether your WD 500GB hard drive came with USB/SATA external enclosure? If yes, and if that enclosure has the eSata port then I think it already has the SATA-to-SATA connectivity. So you can easily connect it using the cable you said and there should be no problem. But am not sure whether it is will be treated as External drive. Better for more information, you should read the manual you got for Motherboard.
Old 15-03-2007

Re: motherboard SATA to external hard drive eSATA

That's exactly what i wanted to know however wasn't quite sure... anycase, thanks for clearing it up! Thanks a lot Anna.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > XP Hardware
Tags: , , ,