Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > XP Hardware
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

How to Disable found a new hardware wizard

XP Hardware

Old 14-03-2007

How to Disable found a new hardware wizard

I want to know if there is anything i can try out to disable "Found a new hardware wizard". I just get irritated of that pop up and i want to disable it so that whenever i connect any hardware it gets recognized without any popup message. I really don't need a Notification like that.

Old 14-03-2007

RE: How to Disable found a new hardware wizard

For that you can go to start, click on run , type "SERVICES.MSC" without quotes and hit enter. Once you see "Shell Hardware Detection" service, simply right click on it,select Properties and Change Startup type to "Disabled". Just make sure that you are clicking on apply for saving the changes you have made. Once done you wont see the "Found a new hardware wizard" pop up any more.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > XP Hardware
Tags: ,