Thread: There is no disk in the drive. Please insert a disk into drive. ERROR!!

There is no disk in the drive. Please insert a disk into drive. ERROR!!

I have a digital camera which is connected to my pc. There is a memory card in that. When I connect the same it is detected as a plug and play device. I can see the memory card but when I double click on that it gives me error that there is no disk in the drive. What does that means. I had captured a hundreds of photo and there were no errors at all.

It looks that your memory card is corrupted. I got that error in my mobile phone. I have a 8Gb memory card in that. And when I connect it, I can see the icon in My Computer. On double clicking it, the same error appeared. After a few time the card is not accessible in phone also. It was dead. There is no guarantee when the memory card will stop working. It is time to get a new one. The only thing that will be annoying is that you might loose all your photos.

Do not attempt to open that card a number of time. Use it on a card reader. If it is still working you would be able to get your photos. If you try to click on the same a number of time it might get damaged permanently. Eject the camera properly and then go in your camera menu and see whether all images are visible or not. It is right that the card can get damaged at anytime. There is no direct confirmation.

<Error>There is no disk in the drive,Please insert a disk into dri

I own a Pentium 4 system. It is a dell computer. I had installed Windows XP on it. I am getting exactly the same error on a CD/DVD rom. I had bought this recently. When I insert any disc I am getting the same error. I thought the hardware is gone. I carried that back to the nearby shop and the shopkeeper checked that by using a different cable. It worked. So there can be cable issue.

Yes there can be a cable fault. That can be cause of issue. You must change that once and check. I got that on a card reader while copying files from a 4GB memory card. The card was actually corrupt and not working at all. There must be some kind of testing software that can provide us information on this kind of issue. It must verify the health of memory card and tell us whether it is completely gone or there is a chance to recover the data.

Re: There is no disk in the drive. Pleas insert a disk into drive. ERROR!!

I am having the same error message show up when i plug in a lacie external hard drive. There is only an on/off switch on the hd, and it plugs into the usb. And am fairly well with computers, built my own gaming comp, but kinda confused about this error message. Do i need to download a new plug in or something?

There are no tools that offer a information on the card status. There are some internal settings in the camera that allows you to access the card. So you must try to enable that first. Also if you removing that improperly from the system then this kind of issue appears. There is nothing much you can do. Once the card is gone, it is gone. You cannot restore it back again. And also your photos are lost.

hello everyone, i'm just new here.like the others i also have the same problems. i have this usb flash drive, one time i went to my cousins house to print some files and when i inserted in in the computer it says "There is no disk in the drive. Pleas insert a disk into drive.ERROR!!!"
    after i got the error message i no longer use it till now. anyone here knows how to fix this problem? please!

PM> i already use this method,

1. Log in as Administrator account in windows or any other account with administrative privileges
    2. Insert your removable disk into the USB port.
    3. Click Start, now right click on my computer and select manage
    4. Now, click Disk Management
    5. Right click on your removable drive partition and select Change Drive Letter and Paths under Disk Management ( you can find your drive easily through size )
    6. Change the drive letter some other drive letter like X: or Z: which is not reserved by some other drive on windows.
    7. That’s it! Done.

I was having the same problem but changing the drive letter worked like a charm!!!