Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > XP Hardware
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

CD/DVD Drives Stopped working

XP Hardware

Old 18-02-2007

CD/DVD Drives Stopped working

My CD and DVD Drive have stopped working suddenly and i am not able to make out the unknown reason behind it. They were working fine until yesterday, I have checked out in device manager and it says "Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)". I have tried uninstalling both drives and have let windows to detect and install them again but i am getting the same error message again and again.

Below are the drivers that are shown in the drivers detail section for each device.
C:\Windows\System32\drivers\AFS2K.sys
C:\Windows\System32\drivers\Asapiw2k.sys
C:\Windows\System32\drivers\cdrom.sys
C:\Windows\System32\drivers\drvmcdb.sys
C:\Windows\System32\drivers\imapi.sys
C:\Windows\System32\drivers\PxHelp20.sys

What are my options now??? what can i do to get them working again???

Old 18-02-2007

While checking out the error i came across below article:
Your CD drive or DVD drive is missing or is not recognized by Windows or other programs
It addresses the issue you are going through, so you can try out the solutions that has been mentioned in the article for fixing your issue. In case you are not able to fix it with the help of above article than you can post back for further help.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > XP Hardware
Tags: , ,