Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > XP Hardware
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

'Sound, video and game controllers' missing from Hardware Manager

XP Hardware

Old 03-02-2007

Hey guys need some serous help. Iíve a Windows XP desktop at my home. It has only one user account and that is me (administrator). Yesterday night when I shut down my computer it was all fine but today when I booted it I found that Sound, video and game controllers categories are missing from the Device Manager. Yeah, I noticed some weird behavior hence visited Device Manager and found all these.

I donít know what could be wrong because I had all latest drivers installed. Most surprising part is I can still hear the sound, can even play the games using controllers. Iím not facing any problem but why are they disappeared from the device? Any help will be appreciated.

Old 18-07-2010

Re: 'Sound, video and game controllers' missing from Hardware Manager

This solution was perfect for me and I greatly appreciate it!

I thought it would be helpful for people who may not know how to access the registry and export files from another computer so this was how I did it. I'm no techie but here's what I did on my machines running Vista...

Click start button
Type regedit
locate the missing files
right click and export file to desktop
copy it to a CD
load the CD to the machine missing the files
double click the file
Old 02-09-2010

do you have those missing files? i dont have a machine to get them off and am having the exact same problem.
Old 02-09-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziosi View Post
do you have those missing files? i dont have a machine to get them off and am having the exact same problem.
What missing files are you talking about, can you be more specific, where are you addressing your querrie? Could you tell us what is your computer specifications? When did this issue start? Have you scanned your computer with some antivirus software? You can try to download the missing drivers for your pc from the manufacturer site.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > XP Hardware
Tags: , , , , ,