Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > XP Hardware
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

CD ROM DRIVE CANNOT LOAD THE DEVICE

XP Hardware

Old 01-02-2007

Cd Rom Drive Cannot Load The Device

I have a CD Rom that is not appearing in My Computer all of a sudden. If I go into Device Manager then I am able to see it but there is a Yellow question mark next to it. So, I tried to uninstall and then reinstall the drivers for it but that didnt help. It will just give me an error message that says "Windows Cannot Load The Driver For This Hardware. The Driver May Be Corrupted Or Missing. (code 39)". Can anyone help me please.

Old 01-02-2007

Re: Cd Rom Drive Cannot Load The Device

You can try to fix this problem automatically, click the Fix this problem link which is listed below. Then, click Run now button from the Automated Troubleshooting Services page and follow the steps in this wizard.

http://support.microsoft.com/gp/cd_dvd_drive_problems
Old 02-02-2007

Re: CD ROM DRIVE CANNOT LOAD THE DEVICE

You can even try to troubleshoot unknown devices that are listed in Device Manager in Windows XP. Device Manager displays a list of all devices that are installed on a Windows XP-based computer. When you view device information in Device Manager, you may see a device listed as Unknown Device next to a yellow question mark. More information here - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314464/en-us

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > XP Hardware
Tags: , ,