Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > XP Hardware
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Window XP does not recognize external hard drive FAT32

XP Hardware

Old 27-01-2007

Window XP does not recognize external hard drive FAT32

I just picked up an external hard drive and now when i am connecting it to my system running windows xp via usb it gets recognized but i am not able to access it. It is FAT32 format, when i try to access it i get an error message saying that the drive is raw and need to be formatted. I have tried connecting it to other system running windows xp and it got recognized there and i dint had any issue in accessing the data in it. It seems there is something wrong with my system but i don't know what, any help for fixing this issue will be appreciated, thanks in advance.

Old 27-01-2007

Before i suggest you something, i want to know if both of your system is formatted with FAT 3 or NTFS??? Or one of your system is formatted with FAT and the other is formatted with NTFS vice versa??? I would have tried formatting the drive again with FAT32 and would have assigned it a permanent drive letter way.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > XP Hardware
Tags: , , ,