Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > XP Hardware
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

no active mixer devices available

XP Hardware

Old 26-01-2007

no active mixer devices available

My Windows XP based desktop started giving me problem since today morning. Whenever I?m trying to access the Volume Control Center I get an error message saying ?There are no active mixer devices available. To install mixer devices, go to Control Panel.... This program will now close.? I checked my sound card and device manager, everything seems to be fine. There is no yellow mark or any kind of error message.

As I said the problem started right today morning, the only change I made in this system is I changed my regional and language option to Japanese for playing a game, nothing else. But I don?t think that could be the problem because I was able to hear the sound properly in the game. It was yesterday and there is no sound today.

Any help please?

Old 30-01-2007

recovery disc

Even I don?t think but I doubt there would have been some problem because of the changes you did. Just for a try, you can restore your system to any previous good working restore point and see if the problem gets solved. It should be solved.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > XP Hardware
Tags: , , ,