Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > XP Hardware
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Slow printing on USB 2.0 port in Windows XP

XP Hardware

Old 24-01-2007

Slow printing on USB 2.0 port in Windows XP

I need some help here. I am having a Cannon printer. I bought it with the system. I had installed Windows XP SP2 on my system. I thought updating XP will give me more better performance. When I connect the printer it is not detected by the OS. On the same system I was using printer on a bit older edition of XP. But after updates things started failing. I can see a new device found and it shows a icon on the system tray. Somehow the printer worked but it is extremely slow. The print takes long time to appear finally. The same thing happen while transferring songs from pc to mp4 player. Any suggestions.

Old 25-01-2007

It can be a driver issue. If your printer has a better usb standard and your pc has older standard this kind of issue appear. You will get a message on the screen saying that the device can perform faster on high speed port. Updating drivers can boost up a bit performance. I had added a pci usb card that is much faster compared to the on that is on the motherboard.
Old 02-02-2009

It is right for older system the usb controller is a bit outdated one which cause the slow issue. Printer needs a more better one. If you update your chipset drivers or add a pci card you would expect a better transfer rate. Due to old drivers this kind of issue appear and also if your usb drives have limited power access.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > XP Hardware
Tags: , ,