Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > XP Hardware
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

where is the windows boot log file

XP Hardware

Old 21-01-2007

where is the windows boot log file

Something went wrong with my system suddenly and it is booting up with Blue screen it doesn't got past that. I am not able to boot in to safe mode as well, My friends have suggested me to use logged boot but i don't know where it resides. So is there anyone here who can help me tracking boot log file? any help regrading this will be highly appreciated.

Old 21-01-2007

Re: where is the windows boot log file

Since you are not able to boot in to Safe Mode and Safe Mode Mode, you can try booting in to Recovery Console. As far as Boot Logging text is concerned it is recorded in Ntbtlog.txt file in %SystemRoot% folder.

You can refer to the below article for getting better idea of Recovery Console.

Description of the Windows XP Recovery Console

How to enable an administrator to log on automatically in Recovery Console
How to install the Windows Recovery Console
How to install and use the Recovery Console in Windows XP
How to remove Windows Recovery Console

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > XP Hardware
Tags: , ,