Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > XP Hardware
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Partition and format to FAT32 on an USB external hard drive

XP Hardware

Old 25-11-2006

Partition and format to FAT32 on an USB external hard drive

I am have bought a new 250GB USB hard drive. At the time of purchased it came with a single partition. It was formatted in FA32 format. I want some to re-partition the same. I want to create a set of 3 partitions in the hard drive. I had never done this before. Any idea how to do this. I am using Windows XP SP2.

Old 27-11-2006

Connect the drive and then right click on My Computer. In that choose Manage. Disk Management will appear. In this you can see the hard drive connected. First right click on that and delete the partition. You will find a 250GB of RAW partition. Just right click again on that and create the set of partitions you want.
Old 29-10-2007

You can do through Windows XP bootable disc also. Just boot your system with XP disc and then choose the usb drive. Format it in partitions you want. Partitioning is not at all complicated. All you need is to find a proper way of doing the same. To get a faster performance you have to format the same in NTFS format. This offers you better data transfer speed.
Old 19-07-2008

Disk Management is one of the best way to create partitions. But if you are finding it complicated then you can use some third party software also. There are many partition tools available for Windows XP. Just search on Google.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > XP Hardware
Tags: , ,