Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > XP Hardware
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Error message : The class installer has denied the request to install or upgrade this device while installing a USB Still Camera

XP Hardware

Old 25-10-2006

Error message : The class installer has denied the request to install or upgrade this device while installing a USB Still Camera

I am trying to install an Argus USB Digital Still Camera that I have bought but am getting some kind of message that says "An error occurred during the installation of the device. The class installer has denied the request to install or upgrade this device". I have used this camera on different computers with Windows XP and am still getting the same error. I have also tried to delete the registry key in HKLM\System\CS001\Enum\USB and then restarted the pc, but still it wont work for me. Any ideas?

Old 25-10-2006

re: Error message : The class installer has denied the request to install or upgrade this device while installing a USB Still Camera

Did you try to contact the Argus support team, they must have some drivers with them that you can install on your pc. Also, didnt you get any kind of CD/DVD along with the camera package.
Old 06-11-2006

re: Error message : The class installer has denied the request to install or upgrade this device while installing a USB Still Camera

You can try to attempt to install the scanner in Microsoft(R) Windows XP fail with the error message “The class installer denied the request to install or upgrade the device.” The scanner has an exclamation mark (!) in the Device Manager. Follow the suggestions given on this HP website here - http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/d...uct=60665&dlc=

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > XP Hardware
Tags: