Thread: How to run two audio output on a single system at same time

How to run two audio output on a single system at same time

I want some help to run audio to two different devices at the same time. I have a usb speaker on the one side and onboard audio. I had connected a headphone to the onboard audio. When I play sound only the usb speaker respond. There is no sound in the headphones. I tried to connecting my desktop speakers on the onboard audio port but the issue lies still the same. I need some help here to make this thing. Any idea how to do this.

That is the limitation of motherboard. At a time only one channel work. There is another way to get multiple audio ouptut on the system. You will need to use a audio splitter. On that you can add more than one device and hear sound. There are many portable audio splitter available on web.

re: How to run two audio output on a single system at same time

This solution kind of works for me. It repeats the audio but at such a low level that even with the volume control on my headset cranked, I cannot hear it very well. It's like whispering in the background. Has anyone found a better solution? Basically my setup is that I have a set of speakers plugged into the onboard sound card and a USB Wireless headset w/mic that I use whenever the kids are in the room watching tv or something. But it's nice to be able to just take off the headset and reach over to turn up the speakers once in a while without restarting apps to get them to change audio devices.

A have a solution, using the Virtual Audio Cable.

Let`s do:

1- Download, Buy and Install Virtual Audio Cable
    (this will create a kind of a virtual sound card ou your computer)

2- On your player (like winamp ou someone else), set the output sound device "Virtual Cable 1"

3- Open two instances of AudioRepeater.

4- In both instances, set in Wave In "Virtual Audio Cable1". In Wave Out.

5- In each instances of program, set the outputs device of your USB Headphone and Onboard Audio.

To start automaticly, create a .bat and use a commend line like this one:

start /min "audiorepeater" "%programfiles%\Virtual Audio Cable\audiorepeater.exe" /Input: "Virtual Cable 2" /Output: "ATI HD Audio rear output" /BufferMs:100 /SamplingRate:48000 /Autostart

start /min "audiorepeater" "%programfiles%\Virtual Audio Cable\audiorepeater.exe" /Input: "Virtual Cable 2" /Output: "IDT Audio1" /BufferMs:100 /SamplingRate:48000 /Autostart

Since you're already using winamp there's a plugin called Multiple Output Plugin. You can set multiple sound cards to use an output. Then use the plugin to enable the outputs. I use it to send music to the internal sound card and external bluetooth sound card

Unfortunately these do not result in synced audio. I am running 2 stereos on 2 floors. I have spiral stairs connecting the 2. 50% of areas you can hear both zones.

They need to be in perfect sync.

This is not a solution for me.

In fact, y-adapter is basically what I'm doing. My soundcard has optical out and mini-jack out. I use both and they are in sync.

I bought an additional USB soundcard with RCA outs so I can stop using mini-jack, which has inferior quality.

Alas, they don't sync up using this method. Or any other method I've tried. These echos are driving me insane!

I have a usb adapter. It came with two audio ports. At a time I can use two headpones on it. They are widely available on web. I will advice you to use that . The sound splitter is the only best option to use it on a system and get audio on two different devices. There are some new motherboard which does not comes with limitation.

And now my new motherboard specifically uses separate sound cards for the mini-jack out {to downstairs} and the optical digital out {to upstairs}.

So it's as descynced as ever. I thought it was bad before. Now it's downright annoying. Maybe I'll try the virtual audio cable solution again?