Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > XP Hardware
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Creative Zen Vision M: mp3 player driver

XP Hardware

Old 16-09-2006

Creative Zen Vision M: mp3 player driver

I have got a new Creative Zen Vision M: mp3 player and it is having some problem with it. If I am trying to connect it in the USB port then it will sometime appear in the Device Manager but other times it will not. When I connect it to the pc then I can get power to the mp3 player and it tries to charge as well, but the charging will never finish or work properly. When I went into device manager then it gives me a yellow exclamation mark to the same player and tells that the drivers are not installed. If I am trying to install the drivers then I get "A service installation in this INF is invalid." Can anyone tell me how do I fix this issue?

Old 29-10-2006

RE: Creative Zen Vision M: mp3 player driver

It seems to me that it is a Windows problem and microsoft needs to address this. I also have a similar kind of mp3 player for which I paid 100 dollars and am getting the same exact error that you have posted. So, until microsoft releases a patch for the mp3 player to work on Windows, we will have to wait till that time.
Old 30-10-2006

RE: Creative Zen Vision M: mp3 player driver

I have now fixed this issue, I used the System Restore function in Windows XP and then went to a time when the mp3 playyer was working fine. After that I reinstalled the MP3 player on my machine and now I am able to see it in my computer listed.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > XP Hardware