Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > XP Hardware
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Sandisk U3 Cruzer Problem

XP Hardware

Old 18-06-2006

Sandisk U3 Cruzer Problem

Facing very annoying problem with the brand new Sandisk U3 Cruzer on my Windows XP system. When I connect this device on any of my PC?s ports, it wont work and its U3 icon is grayed out under My Computer. Nothing happens on Double clicking it. Everything seems to be OK according to Device Manager. As a workout I downloaded U3 software again from ist official site and installed but yet the same problem.

Can anyone please help me with this? Many thanks.

Old 19-06-2006

Re: Sandisk U3 Cruzer Problem

Hello Buriim, you are not alone with the said problem, count me too. Even I have 1GB Sandisk Cruzer Micro drive, which directly launches Windows Explorer on connecting instead of opening U3 Launchpad. As you said, even my LaunchU3.exe is grayed out. So first we need to find out if the problem is with Sandisk U3 itself or our system is faulty.
Old 20-07-2006

hey guys, are you having the drive one which slips out with a button? If yes, make sure you connect it properly by slipping it all the way and is inserted completely planted in the USB connector/ports.
Old 04-07-2009

Re: Sandisk U3 Cruzer Problem

I have some problems with my Sandisk U3 Cruzer 2GB memmory stick device..
It can' be recognized by computer
always shows as unknown device..
and that stick is so hot like a fire when connecting to the computer...
and the bulb does not work..I mean there's no twinkling light like before...
is it broken??
can it be fixed??
At first,It can't be safety removed from the computer..
whenever i eject it,it re-connect automatically....
I need help!!!
some advice,please!!!
Vaan

Last edited by Vaan : 04-07-2009 at 09:51 AM.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > XP Hardware
Tags: , , , , , ,