Thread: no multimedia controller or video controller drivers when i fresh installed win xp-pro

no multimedia controller or video controller drivers when i fresh installed win xp-pro

I have got an Asus motherboard with intel socket 484 and when I loaded Windows XP into system and booted it up, then I found out that I have no sound on the computer on the computer and it also says that there are no drivers for the multimedia controller & video controller which is vga compatible. Since I dont have the disc for the original setup so I am hoping that somebody will be able to provide me some download links for the same.

Re: no multimedia controller or video controller drivers when i fresh installed win xp-pro

I think that you will have to install the motherboard drivers that came with the CD that is supplied with the motherboard. Incase you dont have the CD then you will have to download the latest motherboard drivers from the Asus website and then install it on your pc.

Re: no multimedia controller or video controller drivers when i fresh installed win xp-pro

Just go to the below link to download the motherboard drivers:
    http://support.asus.com/download/Opt...uage=en&type=1

But before installing any one of the driver, you have to make suer that there is nothing installed in the device manager, because if there is then uninstall all of them and then restart and then try to install the correct drivers for the motherboard that you have.