Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > XP Hardware
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

DELL inspiron 6000 touchpad scroll not working

XP Hardware

Old 21-12-2005

DELL inspiron 6000 touchpad scroll not working

I am having a Dell Inspiron 6000 laptop. Somehow the touchpad fails to work properly. I am using Windows XP on it. I had updated windows recently. The touchpad first does not respond well. I added the drivers and restarted the system. It started working but now it is not scrolling. There is nothing I can do here to fix this thing. I need some help here to re-install the same. In Device Manager the touchpad looks installed and working well.

Old 24-12-2007

You must check the official website for drivers. That is the only place where you can find the working drivers. It is a driver issue. Go in device manager and uninstall the touchpad. Then restart your system and install the one that you downloaded from the official site. Then check back. Unless and until there is no major hardware failure the touchpad will start working properly.
Old 08-01-2008

The snippet above on items loading on startup put 2 and 2 together for me...
I had a bunch of extra junk loading on startup, so I wacked most of it - one of those items was the application for the scroll bars.....

To see if this you too, go to Start -> Run -> msconfig
If you are on normal startup, this isn't your problem.
If you are set for diagnostic startup, reset to normal and restart.
If you are selective startup
- reset to normal, or
- check your startup tab - if "Apoint" isn't checked, check it and restart... This fixed my issue - scroll bars be a workin again !
Old 16-06-2008

"most people want that turned off"

Really? I don't know why they would. It was a selling point for my HP dv8000 laptop (which now has the same problem). Its much more convenient to effortlessly point to the edge of the touchpad and scroll the page up or down - without having to hunt for the page's scroll bar and click on it in order to scroll. duh?

My touchpad is a Synaptics and the two apps running at startup are:
Sntpstart
Sntpenh

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > XP Hardware
Tags: , , ,