Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > XP Hardware
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Installed ATI card; get CLI.exe error on bootup

XP Hardware

Old 12-12-2005

Installed ATI card; get CLI.exe error on bootup

I have installed ATI Radeon x800 in my system and have installed its driver but upon reboot i am getting an error message saying below lines:

CLI.exe failed to initialize properly (0xc0000135) Click on OK to terminate the application.

I don't know what that mean's , Hope that doesn't mean there is something wrong with my graphic card ? Is there any workaround that i can try out for fixing the issue.

Old 12-12-2005

I guess your system might not be having .net framework installed, It is required for ATI Radeon x800 to work properly. So cross check and make sure that you are having it installed. If not than install the latest one from Microsoft site, restart your system and your ATI Radeon x800 should start working fine.
Old 22-04-2011

Re: Installed ATI card; get CLI.exe error on bootup

hi i have just done a fresh install of windows xp pro and have re-installed my graphics card (ati radeon HD2600 pro) and i cannot access the catalyst control centre, i installed it as normal but whenever i try to launch it i get the following error message:

CLI.exe - application error

the application failed to initialize properly (0xc000007b). click ok to terminate the application
Old 23-04-2011

Re: Installed ATI card; get CLI.exe error on bootup

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadiqkhanafridi View Post
hi i have just done a fresh install of windows xp pro and have re-installed my graphics card (ati radeon HD2600 pro) and i cannot access the catalyst control centre, i installed it as normal but whenever i try to launch it i get the following error message:

CLI.exe - application error

the application failed to initialize properly (0xc000007b). click ok to terminate the application
Well, I think that you will need to install the .NET Framework 3.5 or latest version in your computer which is needed or is a system requirement for the ati catalyst software. Even after installing that If you still face the problem, then go to START, RUN and type CMD to run a command prompt. Type CHKDSK /R and hit ENTER. Hit the letter Y and restart the machine. Allow the machine to do the check disk scan. After this is done and it goes back into Windows, try Expression Design again.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > XP Hardware
Tags: , , , ,