Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > XP Hardware
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

The driver detected a controller error on \Device\Harddisk1\D.

XP Hardware

Old 07-08-2005

The driver detected a controller error on \Device\Harddisk1\D.

I used to get Page Fault Error many a times after starting my system. After carrying out a little bit of research i came across some people who had fixed it with UPHClean. In my case i have UPHClean but i get another error message saying " The driver detected a controller error on \Device\Harddisk1\D. "

Does that mean my hard drive is likely to die in some days??

Old 07-08-2005

RE: The driver detected a controller error on \Device\Harddisk1\D.

I think it would be too early to come to that point, there are some basic things you can try out for fixing the error. Starting from the very first you can try unplugging and plugging your hard disk, you can try uninstalling and reinstalling driver for it. In case these things don't make any difference in your case you can go through event viewer for specific details. If you see errors related to the issue you are facing than you can post them here for further help. Also make sure that your system is up to date with recommended windows update installed.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > XP Hardware
Tags: , , ,