Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > XP Hardware
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Your computer cannot be restored to...?

XP Hardware

Old 20-12-2004

Your computer cannot be restored to...?

I?m using a Windows XP Pro SP2 desktop which is giving me some problems since last couple of weeks. So I wanted to restore it at my previous restore points but is not allowing me to do the same. Not on just 1 or 2, but all restore points. Whenever I try doing it, I get an error message saying ?Your computer cannot be restored to...?.

Can anyone please tell me what is preventing the system to get restored? I need to restore it to get rid of these problems. Please help.

Old 21-12-2004

Re: Your computer cannot be restored to...?

Don?t worry dude, even I had this problem once with my HP laptop. When I called them after struggling lot with this error, that HP guy told me to just boot in Safe Mode and Restore the system. I did the same and there was no problem. So if your system restore is not working good in normal mode, restart the pc in safe mode and carry on.
Old 22-12-2004

You probably have corrupt system restore points. Disable system restore to purge them, then re enable it again. Hope it works.
Old 22-12-2004

Thank you very much for the solution Dharitree. Booting in Safe Mode and carrying out a restore from there did it for me. Mean while I also came through this KB Article http://support.microsoft.com/kb/302796/EN-US/ that may help many more.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows XP > XP Hardware
Tags: