Thread: Incorrect system date. Need help!

Incorrect system date. Need help!

I have an eMachines laptop. Our audio all of a sudden went out and I went to emachines to download the drivers again. They will not download because I get a message that states the date is wrong. I have checked the control panel and the system date on the right hand bottom of the machine. Both these dates are correct! I am at my wit's end. Can anyone help me, please? Thank you!

Re: Incorrect system date. Need help!

I am not able to understand your query. For that you have to explain in more detailed way what you need. First of all when you are trying to download a driver then it must not pop out the system date issue. Which driver site you are trying to download. You can also try some third party service which can help you to get more recent for the driver. What is the model of your Emachine Laptop.

I have an N10 emachines laptop. I am trying to download from the emachines support page drivers for my model. It has worked before. This time, it pops up that my system date is incorrect and to fix it. Is there anywhere else on the system I need to go to check the date?

You can change the same via BIOS. Reboot your system and press del key or the assigned key to entire bios. At the first page you can configure the date and time. Set a proper date and time and check back. If the date is not saved then that means you will need to replace the motherboard battery. The cmos is not saving the settings at all. Try first altering the date values from the bios.

Quote Originally Posted by Enriqueta View Post
    You can change the same via BIOS. Reboot your system and press del key or the assigned key to entire bios. At the first page you can configure the date and time. Set a proper date and time and check back. If the date is not saved then that means you will need to replace the motherboard battery. The cmos is not saving the settings at all. Try first altering the date values from the bios.
    If it then doesn't Fix the problem Copy the info from the Bios then Replace the motherboard battery then re enter the info you copied.